Thursday, February 22, 2018

The power of change

The power of change.

"You notice a shift in someone's personality and strength when you watch them step over the line they created for themselves. Every day I see people's lives shift when they see themselves for the first time, their true self. It's a beautiful thing."

-Jordan G. Betts

Lucky me, I get to see people change every single day. I watch my employees grow into powerful human beings, I watch women appreciate their whole self for the very first time, I watch middle-school kids gain confidence, I watch little children truly love each and every little part of what makes them special, and I watch men take ownership over who they are. To say I feel blessed is an understatement. The fact that every day, people ask for my help and my direction for their lives is enough to walk around with 900 full cups, there is no room for half-full when you're given the opportunity to help guide and love everyone in your life.

What do I do? Would you believe me if I told you I was a hair stylist? 


I don't just cut hair, I work very closely with the emotional and psychological side of my guests on a daily basis. I work with my employees to teach them how to become better people, to find their path, to follow their dreams, and then to accomplish their goals. I would work salons and stylists to help them find their own personal path to success. I work with my daughter to teach her how to be strong and confident, I work with my family to help maintain our togetherness, and I want to work with you. I may not be a doctor, but I have taken an oath to nurture each and every person I come into contact with. It's just who I was made to be.

I asked my client Bobi to tell me what happened when she found her curls, this is her answer:


"I found my curls when I turned 30. When I came in for my very first haircut with you. I found myself when I found my curls. I always wanted to create and become an entrepreneur, build my business in scents. I have been building scents for people for years but I never had the confidence to fully take it on. I found myself, I found my confidence, I found me." 



The Power of Change...

It's a beautiful thing, keep sharing your heart.







































No comments:

Post a Comment